Sustanon is a is a combination of all testosterone esters; 1 ml each of: Testosterone propionate 30 mg, Testosterone phenylpropionate 60 mg, Testosterone isocaproate 60 mg and Testosterone decanoate 100 mg. It is a male sex hormone, which is produced in the testes and is responsible for regulating sexual activity and other metabolic activity in men.
Sustanon has three or four kinds of Testosterone, which have a very long-lasting effect when injected deep into the muscle. This is because the range of testosterone is released little by little from the muscle store over weeks. Because of this property, Sustanon is a form of testosterone hormone replacement therapy (HRT) for males with hypogonadism.
As this drug is not very effective orally, its injections are highly recommended. Normally, your doctor will administer one injection into the muscle of the buttocks every 2 or 3 weeks. The frequency of injections also varies from individual to individual, depending upon your physical health, age and sensitivity.
These intramuscular injections can cause discomfort when you start them and it may continue for some hours after the injection. However, pain or soreness should end within a day or so. You may feel indigestion or nausea, but it is very rare.
Some common side effects include headaches, anxiety and mood changes. Although these are not serious side effects, if you experience any of them, you should consult your doctor. During the treatment of Sustanon, people may retain fluid and salt, which can result in increasing hypertension and heart conditions like angina or heart failure. Sustanon can fuel the growth of the prostate gland. For this reason, you should have a prostate check up every so often whilst taking the drug.
Before starting this drug, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any medicines and if you are taking any other medication. This is because it may interact with other drugs and trigger some health issues.
Before using this product
Do not use this product if you have or are suspected of having a tumour of the prostate or breasts. You also should have had an examination by your physician to exclude any abnormalities of the genital organs.
This product is not approved for use in women.
You must tell your doctor if you have or have ever had:
- high blood pressure
- heart problems
- hypercalcaemia or hypercalciuria
- kidney disorders
- epilepsy or migraine (or a history of these conditions)
Other medicines may influence the effect of this product or it may affect them. This product may change glucose tolerance and decrease the need in diabetic patients for insulin or other antidiabetic drugs.
You must tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are using anticoagulants or barbiturates.
Do not use this product if it has passed the expiry, use-by date or if the ampoule is damaged.
How to use and inject this steroid
- The dose is chosen by the doctor. Standard treatment is usually started with one injection of this product followed by fortnightly injections. Dosage should be adjusted by your doctor in response to individual requirements.
- The injections are given slowly into a muscle (for instance in the buttock or upper leg or upper arm).
- These injections should only be given by a doctor or a nurse. In some rare instances, you or your partner may give the injections yourselves. Your doctor will tell you when and how to do this.
- Contact your doctor for advice, if you forget to take your dose.
- While you are using this anabolic
Ability to drive or operate machinery
As far as is known, this product has no adverse effect on alertness and concentration.
This product is not known to have any effect on alcohol induced effects.
If you are unsure of any of the aspects of this product, please discuss with your doctor or pharmacist.
Sustanon Side Effects
This product is generally well tolerated.
Some unwanted side effects may occur, these include retention of salt and water, swelling, increased number of blood vessels in the skin, high calcium levels in the blood and change in blood sugar levels.
The following adverse reactions have also been associated with androgen therapy in general:
- increased cholesterol levels.
- prolonged painful erections and other signs of excessive sexual stimulation.
- in immature boys, early sexual development and early stopping of bone growth.
- reduced fertility and decreased ejaculation volumes.
- male breast enlargement.
- nausea, pimples (acne), yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice)
If someone has taken several ampoules at once, it is not a medical emergency. However, you should consult a doctor.
Keep Sustanon in the original box in a safe place out of reach of children. The storage conditions are given on the box. Store in a cool dark place. Do not refrigerate, as this makes the product difficult to inject. The expiry date is printed on the label after ‘exp.’. Do not use after this date.